Budget for Aug 2004 - Aug 2005
This is a rough estimate of the Budget we would like for Aug 2004 to Aug 2005 to continue to support Georgia Teachers. This estimate doesn't include my salary. I would prefer to work 30 hours a week. The current total is $9800.
- Books - $1000. I would like to get a copy of all or many of the books teachers are using. I would also like some additional books.
- Workshops - $2100. Teachers would like 3-4 hour workshops held on teacher workdays and/or Saturdays. I would need travel money (car, food, and possibly hotel). I estimate that I might hold 1-2 workshops a month from Aug-May which would be 10 months. Many workshops would be held in the Atlanta area since this is were the majority of the teachers are located but some should be held closer to remote teachers. I am estimating 6 remote and 6 local for a total of 12. The remote would be more expensive at an estimate of $100 a night for lodging and $150 for gas and $30 for food for a total of about $300 for each remote workshop. Local workshops would only require some car travel and maybe a lunch for a total of $50 per local workshop. That totals 6 workshops at 300 and 6 at 50 is $2100.
- Conference - $2000. I should attend SigCSE. This is an estimate for plane, hotel, food, conference fee, etc.
- Software - $1000. I would like a copy of all development environments that teachers use (like Code Warrior, JCreator, etc). I might also need software for editing photos (PhotoShop) and movies.
- Computer - $1500. If we get laptops for the workshops and I keep one than that is fine. Otherwise I should get one. It should have a microphone.
- Digital Equipment - $1000. It would be nice to have a digital camera (if we get some for the workshop I could just use one of these). A digital video recorder would be nice too.
- Student - ?. I would like a student assistant for assesment. Mark has included this in his budget request.
- Props - $500. I would like to have the ability to buy props for the workshops (like games (checkers, battleship) and things to help make computer science concepts concrete (like pez containers, tupperware, etc).
- Phone - $500. I would probably need to make long distance calls to some of the teachers.
- CD or DVD - $200. I would need to burn CDs or DVDs for the workshops.
Links to this Page
- To Do List last edited on 27 May 2004 at 5:06 pm by user-11far70.dsl.mindspring.com
- Budgets last edited on 9 February 2005 at 8:25 am by user-1121rp8.dsl.mindspring.com