Rectation Guide 1-Fall 2007
Anybody do anything interesting this summer?
Welcome to CS1316 - Representing Structure and Behavior
- We are still shifting TA's so there will normally be 2 in each recitation.
- Tell them about yourself. What experience do you have in java, teaching, anything you think relevant or interesting.
- CS1316 is an introductory programming course using Java. It's focus is on media and simulations. It also goes into depth on the backend data structures and it is important that we learn the advantages/disadvantages of different data structures so we can choose the best one.
Give them your Contact Info and your tentative TA Office Hours. Tell them to include cs1316 in subject. I know that it helps me filter my email a lot.
Remind them that they can visit any TA. Each TA has 3 office hours per week including me (the head TA) and professor Abowd
Introduction to the coweb
- Editing the coweb in general
- user: attach
- pw: carmen
- Go ahead and edit the soapbox (bubble at the top of the page). It is free to be edited by anyone.
- Important announcements will normally be posted in the soapbox as well as the Announcements-Fall 2007 page.
- Show them the Who's Who page and tell them to put their name on there.
They will need to do some setup for Dr. Java (the IDE that the class will be using). Instructions are off of the READ ME FIRST page.
- They are allowed to use other IDE's but most of the support will be geared towards Dr. Java
There is a HW0 (http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/cs1316/737#hw0). It is very easy and just to make sure Dr. Java is set up correctly. It doesn't need to be turned in, but it is still required to check Dr. Java is setup correctly.
- Generally homeworks will be turned in through T-Squared and we are still setting that up.
Answer any questions they may have and get some general comments on the course.
Links to this Page