Last Minute Details for Attendees
(This page is on the Swiki and printed for all attendees.)
The Marriott is providing the shuttle. Times are:
- Friday: Hotel->CCB: 3:30/4/4:30
- CCB->Hotel: 8/9:15/10
- Saturday: Hotel->CCB: 8:30/9/9:15
- CCB->Hotel: 7/8/9
- Sunday: Hotel->CCB: 9/9:30/9:45
- CCB->Hotel/MARTA: 12:30/1/1:30
If you need to get one way or the other outside of the shuttle times, please contact Mark Guzdial (Mark's Cell Phone Number: 404-434-7987).
Where the Presentations Are
- Alan Kay's keynote will be downstairs in Room 17.
- All other talks are in Rooms 101 and 102 along the hallway leading from the lobby into the "Picnic Table" Commons Area.
What do I do between presentations?
- Play with Squeak! There are machines available for that.
- Chat with people! There will be SqueakEnders, Presenters, and Student Volunteers showing their work and available for chatting with.
- Eat! There will be food and drink available at breaks.
There are several choices for connectivity:
- In the machine cluster: You can use a CoC account for that. Pick one up from the registration desk. Squeak is pre-installed on these machines, and you'll have disk space to play with.
- Your own machine via DHCP: You use a CoC account for this, too. In the "Picnic Table" commons area, there are Ethernet sockets along the wall. Plug in with an Ethernet cable and open a web browser. You'll be prompted for your CoC account and password there.
- Your own machine wirelessly: You'll need an OIT account for this, again from the registration desk. They will also have the network name and network password available. Use a Web browser after you get your wireless network connection set up, then you will be prompted for your OIT account and password. Wireless access is available throughout the College of Computing building.
- CDs with materials from the workshop are going to be assembled in real-time Saturday night.
- They will be available for distribution Sunday morning.
Along the back wall of the commons area, opposite from the side where the lecture rooms are.