JES Sum03 Bug List
Claimed Java Bugs
- Toby:- Showing a picture cuts off a bunch of pixels under the title bar. I subclassed JFrame instead of putting the picture in a component within the content of the JFrame. Done
- Toby:-Sounds only work for one bufferful, then there's an off-by-one error. (Apparently this is a Mac issue. I will need access to a Mac - Toby)
- Toby: - We could use JavaDoc for all of it.
Unclaimed Java Bugs
(Java code is on the Technology page. There are four files: JavaPicture.java, JavaSound.java, BackgroundCloser.java, JavaPixel.java)
JES Dev is at Sum03 JES Development
Claimed JES Bugs
- Adam Wilson:makeColor should only take the LS byte, like setGreen, setBlue, and setRed: Done!
- Adam Wilson:setMediaPath and getMediaFolder have to match: Done!
- Adam Wilson:Clean out the yellow highlight after error. Done!
- Toby:Namespace should be cleaned out after a Load. If students forget a function, but had it ONCE, their code will still work. (Adam pointed out that clearing out the entire space is not a good idea, looking at other solutions - Toby) Done The solution is in JESThread.py run method
- Adam Wilson:Most common bug: Save the code but forget to load. Need to make that NOT happen. - Done!
- Adam Wilson: The save dialog on loading does not actually save it.- Done!
- Adam Wilson: Mail turnin doesn't always work off-campus.
- In particular, may be an interaction with attached comments.
- Toby: -You can move the cursor back too far in the command window, and it will then clip the first letter from your command Done
- Toby: -We can edit existing media, BUT wouldn't it be cool to create some media from scratch inside JES?
- Larry:Need to get rid of the double ^M^M that occurs, sometimes.
- Toby: -Windows look and feel on Mac, same functionality? metal. Done
- Toby: -prohibit method overriding - warning message Done!! This is cool, try it.
- Toby: -show(santa, "Title") - Title Bar - timestamp, optional argument -just basename in title - set size(big enough to contain base file name) Done
- Adam: -upload turnin to coweb, Config file tells which to use. JES will support both email and coweb turnin... either or, or AND (do both styles). Just set a flag in the constants for usage. Working on it now... a lot of code... DONE!!!
- Toby: -This isn't that important given the small number of Mac users (but could be depending on how many schools use the software): In the "Mac World" command shortcuts use the command key, but in JES menu shortcuts use control. Could we make the command keys work correctly in the "Mac World"? Done
- Adam: Need to load button color. Done
- Adam: Clear yellow after single character - after load
- Adam: Resizing the entire window should resize the editor instead of the command window. Done!
- Adam: Shortcuts to load, and then go back to editor. Done
- Adam: Function help - like man page?, better API, with examples?
- Toby - repaint doesn't work?done
- Toby - makeEmptyPicture(x, y), makeEmptySound(length[, sampling rate])
- Shaggz/Eric -In options, even when you press "cancel", a window still pops up to say that JES musit be restarted for changes to take effect.Done!
- Shaggz/Marvolo -Grammatical mistakes all over the place. Done? Maybe
- Shaggz/Feldspar -Expert mode with backtrace, add more information to the novice mode Done or changed
Unclaimed JES Bugs... get'em while they're hot
- Tabnanny doesn't always work – it catches error and hides other errors.
- This might be a JAVA thing, garbage collection takes place at very inopportune times (pressing the load button). There has to be a better place for it to happen. Tack it on the end of long-running programs?
- Keywords are highlighted inside comments. They really shouldn't be.
- We need to clean up the turnin code in JESUI. It hardcodes strings and is cludgy.
from meeting notes:
- cut, copy, paste command keys and menu items
- print pic, pic
- How about ccing the email turnins back to the students, so there is a "result" for their turnin
- Fixed width font for metal look-and-feel
- weird weird jython bug...with JES debugger on cygwin only...
- This is a big one, when you go "nuts" editing in JES, i.e. you just press random keys, and move the mouse around very fast, you get all kinds of null pointer exceptions thrown, and the editor freezes up. Here's the traceback:
apple.awt.EventQueueExceptionHandler Caught Throwable :
Not necessarily bugs, but things that you would like to see in JES.
- How about making TAB only move two spaces? Since the indentation is "supposed" to be two spaces, could we make the TAB key reflect that? (oh, i just saw that it's just a constant... cool)Done!
- Is it possible to get scroll wheels to work in the JESEditor?
- It would be a good idea to give the command window the focus after pressing "load" - Done!
- Could we color comments differently from the code? - Done!
- Syntax coloring of strings!!! Would make it so much easier for the students to visualize the strings!Done!
Links to this Page