Boolean logic game
- Hand out index cards to everyone.
- Write 3-4 questions on the board like "1. Are you male or female?", "2. Are you wearing glasses?", "3. Are you wearing jeans?" and have them write the answers on the index cards "1. Female", "2. No", "3. No". And then have them write something about themselves that is interesting that you couldn't guess by looking at them such as "I ride horses" and put their name on the top of the card and hand the cards in.
- Shuffle the cards and pick one and say that you are looking for the person who said "X" as their interesting thing.
- Have all the students stand up and then have them sit down if the answer to the question is false. You can use negation too (Sit down if you are not male).
- At the end hopefully 1-2 students will be standing and you can always vote as to who you think is the right person.
- Explain that computers use Boolean expressions and Boolean Logic is one of the things that makes computers possible.
- You can expand this to use logical 'and' and 'or' as well.
Links to this Page