Learning Computing Concepts with Alice Sept 22nd, 2007
Additional Teacher Work for Alice Workshop Sept 2007
Agenda for Alice Workshop Sept 2007
Link to Randy's Pausch Last Lecture - http://www.metafilter.com/64880/Randy-Pauschs-Last-Lecture
The Institute for Computing Education (ICE) at the Georgia Institute of Technology is pleased to offer an Alice workshop September 22nd 2007 from 9:00am to 4:30pm at Georgia Tech. Teachers who complete the workshop and an additional 3 hours of activities will receive 1 PLU. The workshop includes lunch. This workshop will be in room 2443 of the Klaus Advanced Computing Building. Directions to the building are found here. The closest visitor parking is the State Street Visitor Lot at the end of State Street and Ferst Drive. This lot is usually free on Saturdays but costs up to $8.00 a day on other days.
This workshop is free for Georgia teachers, and if you live > 30 miles from Georgia Tech we will pay for your hotel for Friday night (2 teachers per room), meals, and parking. If you would prefer a private room you can pay 1/2 the hotel cost.
Out-of-state teachers pay $140. Checks for $140.00 should be made out to Georgia Institute of Technology and sent to:
College of Computing
801 Atlantic Drive
Atlanta, GA, 30332-0280
Her e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org. Her phone is 404-894-6858.
Teachers will build 3D movies and games using drag-and-drop programming in Alice which is free software from CMU. The workshop will explain how to cover introductory computing concepts such as: class, object, method, variable, iteration, conditional execution, and event-driven execution. Each teacher will receive a CD with all materials including slides, exercises, lesson plans, and grading rubrics.
To register for this workshop please e-mail Felicia Auzla email@example.com.
- Frances Walters, FrancesWalters@columbiahighschool.org Columbia High School, no hotel, no restrictions, finished extra 3 hours (credit)
- Mary Greene, MARY_GREENE@fc.dekalb.k12.ga.us, Dekalb High School of Technology-North, no hotel, no restrictions, didn't show (trouble getting in the building)
- Dr. Rex Wallace, firstname.lastname@example.org, Jackson County Comprehensive High School, needs hotel, No dietary restrictions
- Nga Warren, Nga.Warren@cobbk12.org, Pebblebrook High School, no hotel, no pork or red meat
- Marian Hesse, MARIAN_HESSE@fc.dekalb.k12.ga.us, Southwest DeKalb High School, no hotel, no restrictions, asked for more
- Lisa Carroll, Lisa.Carroll@cherokee.k12.ga.us, Etowah High School, no hotel, no restrictions
- Edith S. Brothers, email@example.com, Frederick Douglass High School, no hotel, no restrictions, asked for clarification
- Mary Haynes, firstname.lastname@example.org, Frederick Douglass High School, no hotel, no restrictions
- Stephanie McCall, MccallS@fulton.k12.ga.us, Northview HS, no hotel, allergic to seafood, finished extra 3 hours (credit)
- Lillian D. Durant-Davis, Lillian_Davis-Durant@fc.dekalb.k12.ga.us, Ronald E. McNair Middle School, no hotel, no restrictions, no show (trouble getting in the building)
- Carol Davies, DaviesC@fulton.k12.ga.us, Alpharetta High School, no dietary restrictions, finished extra 3 hours (credit)
- Henry Laws, email@example.com, North Clayton High School, no hotel, no dietary restrictions, finished extra 3 hours (credit)
- Kyle Justice, firstname.lastname@example.org, Whitefield Academy, no hotel, no dietary restrictions
- Roy Black, Roy.Black@mps.k12.al.us, LAMP High School, finished extra 3 hours (credit)
- Pintu Thaker, Pintu_Thaker@gwinnett.k12.ga.us, Meadowcreek High School, vegetarian, no hotel, finished extra 3 hours (credit)
- Verna Sodano-richards, email@example.com, DeKalb School of the Arts, no hotel, , no dietary restrictions, asked for more
- Deborah Kelleher, firstname.lastname@example.org, Wesleyan School, no hotel, , no dietary restrictions, finished extra 3 hours (credit)
- Thomas Cooper, email@example.com, The Walker School, no show (family emergency)
- Mechelle Mayfield, firstname.lastname@example.org, Lumpkin County High
- Ray, Janean, email@example.com, finished extra 3 hours (credit)
- Jo Ray Van Vliet, firstname.lastname@example.org, Pace Academy, finished extra 3 hours (credit)
- Renee Waters, email@example.com, came to Georgia Tech to attend later, , finished extra 3 hours (credit)
FrancesWalters@columbiahighschool.org; MARY_GREENE@fc.dekalb.k12.ga.us; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; Nga.Warren@cobbk12.org; MARIAN_HESSE@fc.dekalb.k12.ga.us; Lisa.Carroll@cherokee.k12.ga.us; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; MccallS@fulton.k12.ga.us; Lillian_Davis-Durant@fc.dekalb.k12.ga.us; DaviesC@fulton.k12.ga.us; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; Roy.Black@mps.k12.al.us; Pintu_Thaker@gwinnett.k12.ga.us
firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to this Page
- Teacher Workshops last edited on 17 November 2015 at 7:01 pm by c-24-98-96-137.hsd1.ga.comcast.net