Sept 18, 2010 - LEGO NXT robots - Artificial Life Forms
Pictures from September 18, 2010 Lego NXT
The workshop will take place in the College of Computing, room 345. It is for current 4th-6th grade students. Go to http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8DH7YKD to register. The workshops run from 9:00am - 12:00pm. Directions to the College of Computing Building and parking instructions are at http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/ice-gt/343.
If you have any questions, please contact Felicia Brewster (email@example.com).
Workshop Instructions on nebomusic.net:
and Artificial Life Forms: A Robot Zoo!
Does a robot always have to be a vehicle? Can we create Robotics
Animals? How do animals move and how can we build machines that
move like animals?
In this Saturday workshop students will create Robotic animals with
Lego Mindstorms NXT kits. Students will then program these
artificial creatures with NXT-G language to move about and react to
- Identify means of locomotion for several animals:
- Coiling and uncoiling Body
- Identify Animal Behaviors
- Select, build, and modify from plans a Robotic Animal (from
- Use NXT-G Language to program animal to move and react
- Use of motor blocks and parameters of power, direction, and
duration to move
- Use of Ultrasonic, Touch, Light, and Sound Sensor to read
- Use of Switch, Wait, and Loop Conditional statements to mimic
Pre Survey: http://findings.es-pre-survey.sgizmo.com?Workshop=LegoNXT09182010
Post Survey: http://findings.es-post-survey.sgizmo.com?Workshop=LegoNXT09182010
Link to this Page