Kinesthic Learning Activity: boolean game
Materials: 3x5 cards, pens or pencils.
Procedure: Give each student a card. Have each student put the answer to a series of quesions such as:
1) What is your hair color?
2) Do you wear glasses or contacts?
3) What is your favorite color?
4) What month were you born?
5) What is something about you that people here don't know and can't tell by looking at you.
Then collect the cards and shuffle them. Select a card. Read the answer to #5 and say this is the person we are looking for. Have all the students stand up and then have them sit down when their answer doesn't match. The person who is still standing at the end is the person. If you have more than one person standing at the end you can ask people to vote with a show of hands for each person.
When you are asking the questions use "and", "or", and "not" as well. So say something like "sit down if your hair isn't brown."
Afterwards explain about boolean logic and how x and y means both x and y are true. X or Y means only x or y has to be true. You can also talk about the amount of information you get from a question.
Links to this Page
- May 24-May 27, 2010 - Cool Girls camp last edited on 21 March 2012 at 1:42 pm by lawn-143-215-99-169.lawn.gatech.edu
- June 1 - June 4, 2010 - Adventures in Animation I (LEGO NXT and Alice) last edited on 18 May 2011 at 3:00 pm by lawn-143-215-117-168.lawn.gatech.edu
- June 13-17th - Adventures in Animation II last edited on 31 January 2012 at 1:53 pm by lawn-143-215-101-55.lawn.gatech.edu
- May 29th-June 1, 2012 - Middle School last edited on 1 June 2012 at 4:01 pm by lawn-143-215-96-126.lawn.gatech.edu
- June 25-29, 2012 - Middle School last edited on 29 June 2012 at 3:20 pm by lawn-143-215-97-16.lawn.gatech.edu
- July 30-Aug 3, 2012 - High School last edited on 28 May 2012 at 2:19 pm by c-66-56-29-29.hsd1.ga.comcast.net
- May 28-31, 2013 - Middle School last edited on 15 July 2013 at 12:38 pm by outreach5.cc.gatech.edu
- July 22-26, 2013 - Elementary School last edited on 29 July 2013 at 9:44 am by outreach5.cc.gatech.edu
- July 29-Aug 2, 2013 - High School last edited on 21 August 2013 at 8:43 am by outreach5.cc.gatech.edu
- CS Principles programming (App Inventor and Python) - July 8 - 12th, 2013 last edited on 15 July 2013 at 12:30 pm by outreach5.cc.gatech.edu
- Getting to know you activities last edited on 15 April 2015 at 12:31 pm by dept-143-215-34-59.vpn.gatech.edu
- July 21-25, 2014 -Middle School (Girls Only) last edited on 28 July 2014 at 9:46 am by outreach5.cc.gatech.edu