I gave a talk on Integrating Business Education and Computer Science to Prepare Students for the 21st Century. Here are the slides from
the talk: NBEA-ericson-CSBusiness-2010.ppt.
You can download Scratch from http://scratch.mit.edu/. There is a teacher site at http://scratched.media.mit.edu/.
You can download Alice 2.2 or 3.0 beta from http://www.alice.org. Teacher materials are at http://aliceprogramming.net/.
You can download Greenfoot from http://www.greenfoot.org. There is a teacher site at http://greenroom.greenfoot.org/door.
The CS unplugged teacher's manual is at http://csunplugged.org/
Kinesthic Learning Activities are at http://ws.cs.ubc.ca/~kla/
You can learn more about Scratch
- Videos to help you learn Scratch: http://learnscratch.org/.
- Harvard's materials on Scratch are at http://academicearth.org/courses/introduction-to-computer-science-iandhttp://www.cs.harvard.edu/malan/scratch/printer.php,
- Berkeley's course is athttp://www-inst.eecs.berkeley.edu/~cs39n/fa09/You can get data on AP exams athttp://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/ap/exgrd_sum/2009.html.
- Dick Baldwin's on-line tutorials are at http://www.dickbaldwin.com/tocHomeSchool.htm.
- LA's high schools course using Scratch is at http://csta.acm.org/Advocacy_Outreach/sub/CSTAPresentations.html.
You can learn more about Alice
- Videos to help you learn Alice are at http://home.cc.gatech.edu/TeaParty/57
- Dick Baldwin's on-line tutorials are at http://www.dickbaldwin.com/tocalice.htm
Documents from CSTA on the state of computing classes in the U.S. and other countries are at http://csta.acm.org/Communications/sub/Documents.html
Information on the new AP CS course is also at http://csta.acm.org/Advocacy_Outreach/sub/CSTAPresentations.html.
Posters are at http://csta.acm.org/Resources/sub/Careers.html.
Resources from NCWIT are at http://ncwit.org/resources.res.html
Link to this Page
- Presentations last edited on 18 August 2013 at 9:27 pm by c-66-56-52-15.hsd1.ga.comcast.net