Hotspots: Admin Pages | Turn-in Site |
Current Links: Cases Final Project Summer 2007
Most Helpful Cases
Over the many semesters of 2340, students have created a ton of cases pages. Below I have compiled a list of the tips, tricks, and entire cases my team and I found most helpful throughout the semester.
- Do some extra credit: A database and a few design patterns can make up for some missing functionality elsewhere in your code.
- Focus on the points: Don't spend hours getting your user creation system to work if the TA won't even check it because it is not in the requirements.
- Divide the work but don't be afraid to share: Give your group members ownership of certain sections of the code, but make sure all the sections will work with each other in the end.
- Just because you can put everything off to the end doesn't mean you should: Try to have a running version of the code the night before your presentation
- Communicate well: Get as many ways to communicate with your group members as possible. We used email, texts, phone calls, Skype, Google docs, and a Google group to communicate.
Index of Individual Cases - If you are looking for cases on a specific topic this a good first destination
General Course Advice
- How to set up code highlighting (a must)
- Other solid team advise
CS2340 Survival Guide - Matt Shorrosh
- Tips on working with your team
- Advice for each of the milestones
How to ace the new format final - Ajai Karthikeyan
- Sample questions from past final
- Tips to help your team prepare
Getting Current Day/Time etc. by Sam Asghari
- Our project was a calendar so dealing with dates and times was essential
CS 2340 class advice and smalltalk help by Tyler Hastings
- Probably the most helpful general advice post, covers almost every aspect of the final project
- Tips for common Smalltalk issues
Types of Lists in Smalltalk - Jacob Paul
- No matter what the topic of your project is you will probably need some way to store data
Aspect Adapters - Creating a List Widget
- Helps explain how to display information in a list widget and then use it to select information
How to setup a Smalltalk website - Derek Tatum
- For M10 you will likely need to create a web interface for your program, this case will guide you through the creation of the website so you make sure you have the correct settings
- If you decide to do the SAAM analysis extra credit this is a good example to base yours off of
Demo Tips - Mike Hirth
- No matter how good or poor your code is, all that matters is how it appears to the TA when you present it
Link to this Page
- Cases last edited on 30 July 2011 at 2:33 am by r59h132.res.gatech.edu