Hotspots: Admin Pages | Turn-in Site |
Current Links: Cases Final Project Summer 2007
Group dynamics help - Ajai Karthikeyan
Working in groups is tough. There will times when it feels near impossible. These pointers will help ease this a lot
- Start of by know what everyone brings to the team. I strongly suggest you do this by having everyone write stuff down on paper. When people say it out, they try not to say what has already been said even if that is not what they want to/can do.
- Divy up the responsibilities so that firstly a person is responsible for something they are interested in and secondly they can do it. If they can't do it they can easily learn it. Interest comes first.
- Use the 2 person system where 1 person is in charge of each section and another is officially the person they can go to when they need help. These creates a ready support stream for when you are stuck.
- Take some time off. Set one day aside in the week when you do not do smalltalk at all. This gives you a break from the work and you are fresh for more the next week. For our team it was saturdays since due to gameday.
- Get to know your team. On top of the meetings you will have for the actual project, set aside about half an hour to an hour each week where your team gets together for something that isn't 2340. This will keep the tension down and help make you NOT go "O no. not him again" when you see one of your team mates.
Links to this Page
- Cases last edited on 30 July 2011 at 2:33 am by r59h132.res.gatech.edu
- Index of Individual Cases last edited on 3 May 2011 at 12:46 pm by r52h48.res.gatech.edu