Hotspots: Admin Pages | Turn-in Site |
Current Links: Cases Final Project Summer 2007
Spring 2006 Milestone 1
For the first group project milestone, you will be doing the object-oriented analysis (with CRC cards and Scenarios) of last term's project—SqueakPoint. It is important that you get used to CRC cards and learn how to use them properly before you start your project. By having you do the analysis for a different project, you will have a chance to get feedback before starting on the wrong foot.
To help you do a good job, you may want to look at others' solutions from last semester. Several groups posted their CRC cards on the Cases page. Feel free to borrow their solutions; as long as you can explain the design, it is fine.
You are designing a Powerpoint-like application in Squeak. You are going to have multiple slides in the presentation. In addition to stepping through the presentation normally, you will add two features borrowed from PowerPoint: templates and layouts.
Design templates: PowerPoint offers the user a variety of design templates (or color schemes) for the user to apply. I can change the design template of a presentation and font (font style, size, color, drop-shadow, boldness, alignment, etc.) and background will change on every slide. Usually, the title slide will have a slightly different background than the rest of the slides.
Slide layouts: By default, a PowerPoint presentation starts out with a title slide. The next slides are (by default) "bulleted list" slides. But, you can create others. See the ones below. In PowerPoint, you can also change the layout of a slide after the fact. You've created a bulleted list slide and decide that you need a picture. You change the layout and a picture appears and the text area is resized, but the content is preserved. Your design should allow for this as well. If possible, you should not lose any content. You should implement all the slide layouts below:
You are to create CRC cards for this SqueakPoint. The main focus should be on the templates and the layouts, though you will have to create cards for objects like Slide and Presentation to make your CRC cards functional. You should also create Scenarios for dealing with these two features.
Check List of Things to Complete
- Add your team's information to Spring 2006 Teams
- Feel free to create a page on the CoWeb for your team to organize. This is your space too.
- At minimum, include your team name and the full names of the members (3-4 per team).
- You should include your team name on all assignments you turn in.
- Work together to create the CRC cards and the Scenarios for SqueakPoint
- Check out the Criteria for Good OOA/D.
- Your CRC cards should be physical cards.
- Every member of your team should be able to step through the Scenarios with the CRC cards.
- Turn these in on the due date in class. Since you are allowed to work across the sections of the class, the beginning of the later class is the due time.
- Get feedback from the TA (mandatory)
- Sign your team up to meet with a TA on here.
- If possible, your entire team should be there. This will allow everyone to meet the TA and for you to get feedback as a group.
- CRC Cards (40)
- Proper notation (responsibilities as English phrases, every responsibility is matched with the necessary collaborators, etc.) - 20
- Appropriate design - 20
- Scenarios (40)
- Have enough scenarios to properly test the system - 15
- Be able to walk through the scenarios with the CRC cards - 25
- Attendance for feedback - 20
Links to this Page