Hotspots: Admin Pages | Turn-in Site |
Current Links: Cases Final Project Summer 2007
Proper CRC Card Creation
By Chris Gray
There is often confusion on how to correctly make your CRC cards. Many students in 2340 have already taken 2335 so they are quite familiar with UML. However, few have heard of CRC cards and realize the differences. CRC cards are not as detailed as UML. They do not contain actual method calls and as such are immediately understandable by anyone reading them.
A timer is a simple tool. Even so how are we to know what update timer means? Does it update the time remaining or do some other function? What class are these methods a part of? This card is too specific on calls and does not tell us which classes it collaborates with.
Here we can see exactly what is intended. We see exactly what TimedBookMorph is responsible for and what class it collaborates with. Whereas on the previous slide one might have believed the Update Timer was responsible for updating the time, we now see it is related to page position in the presentation. Without specifying a specific interpretation, anyone can clearly see what the class will do and how it will collaborate with others.
The biggest mistake you can make is overcomplicating CRC cards. They are best used for a rough design before you move on to UML. Typicaly everyone has a slightly different picture of the project and that is why it is important to get a design on paper for group members to fall back on.
Links to this Page
- Cases last edited on 30 July 2011 at 2:33 am by r59h132.res.gatech.edu
- Chris Gray last edited on 14 December 2005 at 7:53 pm by c-71-56-42-154.hsd1.ga.comcast.net
- Jons submission page last edited on 22 December 2006 at 1:32 pm by adsl-217-221-172.aby.bellsouth.net
- Joseph Goodfellow last edited on 26 July 2006 at 1:09 pm by adsl-065-013-008-008.sip.asm.bellsouth.net
- Michael Cook last edited on 2 August 2006 at 6:37 pm by r62h41.res.gatech.edu
- Sangwoo Kim last edited on 28 July 2006 at 9:05 am by c-24-98-50-104.hsd1.ga.comcast.net
- Heiskell last edited on 30 October 2006 at 1:31 pm by frontend.gtri.gatech.edu
- CA 1 last edited on 13 June 2006 at 3:54 pm by lawn-199-77-213-52.lawn.gatech.edu
- Coweb Assignment One last edited on 13 June 2006 at 8:44 pm by r61h149.res.gatech.edu
- CoWeb Assignment 1 gtg541u last edited on 14 June 2006 at 1:19 am by r62h23.res.gatech.edu