Hotspots: Admin Pages | Turn-in Site |
Current Links: Cases Final Project Summer 2007
Milestone 2 - Analysis
This milestone was all about design and not much about coding. We had a design structure in place but that was only for our GUI. The GUI design in milestone 2 was not very flexible. We had to change the design so that it would be easy to add new categories and add new websites. Plus by this time, we had a pretty good idea of where this project was heading and Mark had given a lot of advice as to what he expects our designs to look like
The following points were kept in mind when designing the system.
- We knew that we might have to change our design as we went on to coding the system to wel'll try to keep it as simple as possible
- We tried to model real world bojects in our design. For example, we added classes like Editor, Publisher, Reporter, Article and everything that is associated in the newspaper in real life.
- We tried to create objects with each one having a specific role, like article would only be responsible for holding information relating to an article like text, headline, and images.
- Again, we tried to reuse as much as we can stuff that was built into the squeak, and inherit properties or just delcare instances of particular classes
Besides these, we also created our group calender and a group timeline. We defined exactly what each group member was repsonible for and what was their deadline to finish certain aspects of the project. We made one person incharge of input gui, one incharge of file input/output, two incharge of parsing (since we believed that would be the hardest) and defined specific responsibility for each memember. That was very helpful as we progressed thorugh our project.
We put a lot of effort in this milestone and as we will come to realize later on that our design was very flexible and easy to maintain. We had no problems accompanying the changes that Mark imposed on the project midway though the semester.
Link to this Page
- Milestone 2 last edited on 30 April 2000 at 2:51 pm by newjersey-nt.cc.gatech.edu.