Hotspots: Admin Pages | Turn-in Site |
Current Links: Cases Final Project Summer 2007
Sum2005 Design Round Table
On June 27, we are holding a design roundtable. Come compare notes about your M3 designs! This is a design class, and these are designs you have thought about intensely, so you are well prepared to think about alternatives here.
If you want to take part, here's what you should do:
- Put together a ten minute Powerpoint presentation and link it on to this page (below).
- If more than five get posted, I'll pick five that I think show a diverse set of perspectives and high quality presentations.
- On Tuesday, you five groups present your design arguments and we all get to argue about, er, discuss them.
Talk about any part of the design that is interesting–what did you fight about or struggle with as you were developing your M3? Some ideas:
- how your design handles the changing simulation speed
- how your code will detect when components overlap, e.g. a fish has run into a pellet
- how simulation objects find each other, e.g. how does a fish find a pellet to chase?
- the architecture
If your group presents a design, I guarantee everyone in the group 1 point of Extra Credit – that's 1 point added to the bottom line (1% of the entire class grade). Your group is still eligible to do a more extensive writeup of all your assignments towards the total possible extra credit of 5 points.
Post your group name and powerpoint/HTML/whatever slides below. If there are more than 5 posters, I might select a subset to present, so that there will be time for group discussion.
Link to this Page