Hotspots: Admin Pages | Turn-in Site |
Current Links: Cases Final Project Summer 2007
Spring 2005 M6: Design Your Own Service
(Group, Due 4/28)
For this milestone you will design and implement both a desktop and PDA version of your own service
- Learn more about building desktop and PDA graphical user interfaces.
- Exercise your creativity.
Questions on Spring 2005 Milestone 6
For this milestone you'll design and implement both desktop and PDA versions of your own location-based service. Your team must come up with an idea for an interesting location-based service and get it approved by the professor. You must then extend your server to provide that service and create graphical interfaces for both the desktop computer and PDA platforms to access it.
Before class time, turn-in your code on the cs2340turnin coweb: http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/cs2340turnin with the code 'M6'. Turn in your design in-class.
- 10% Good Scenarios: Accounts for all major functions in assignment, touches on every class. see (http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/cs2340/aboutScenarios)
- 10% Good CRC card analysis: Reasonable names, understandable and clearly defined responsibilities, good exploration of other class names
- 10% Good UML class diagram and class descriptions:
- Correct usage of notation in diagram (3%)
- Detailed and understandable class descriptions and names (7%) (Note: see http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/cs2340/2522 for example on a general format for class descriptions)
- 10% Quality of the design
- 10% Well-documented and good style source code
- 50 % Working system:
- 5% All of the previous functionality works.
- 10% Server extensions
- 15% Desktop interface
- 15% PDA interface
- 5% SUnit tests well designed, error/exception handling
Note: If the TAs can't figure out how to use your service, they don't have to give you the points. The UI must be usable.
Links to this Page