Hotspots: Admin Pages | Turn-in Site |
Current Links: Cases Final Project Summer 2007
Be Creative! You Are Now a Game Designer
It is now time for you to illustrate the operation of your game with multiple kinds of characters and a more places in the physical world.
- Lucky for us, we already had most of the requirements for M6 completed in previous milestones. We pretty much just had to finish up our outside world, finish our creation mode that allows the user to create his own buildings with rooms, and add a separate saving of people and buildings / rooms.
- The biggest part of this milestone for us was updating the user as to what is occuring in the world. We did draw animations for all of the characters, but due to time constraints we had to implement a scroll box that is updated with text about the status of the world. The scroll box does not work 100% either for some strange reason. After a few updates, it will turn red with a giant yellow X through it. We had our TA look at this for a while, but none of us could come up with any reason as to why it appears... so we're stuck with it.
Advice to future students:
- Make sure you use the method pathNameDelimeter to get the system specific delimeter. Through most of our milestones, we were just using a "\" for this. But, to insure cross-platform usability, you will need to use this method, since it may not always be a "\" between Windows, Mac, Linux, etc. We had to go back at the end and change of all these throughout our code.
- Make sure you keep up to date on your documentation and SUnit tests...
- Make sure you leave enough time to put the final touches on your program. We ran out of time, but could have possibly implemented animation or networking.
Included in this turnin:
- DefaultCampus - the file for loading the default campus
- Final Scenarios
- Final CRC Cards
- Final Test Plan
- Final UML Class Diagram
- UML Sequence Diagrams
- Final SUnit Tests
- Final code and graphics
Link to this Page