Hotspots: Admin Pages | Turn-in Site |
Current Links: Cases Final Project Summer 2007
No Use for a Name Cases Page
The semester long project that we tackled this semester was to design a geneology application to store, edit and view geneological information. This application had, amoung others, the following requirments.
- Store an individual persons information
- Store relational information about various people (i.e. a Family)
- Store entire geneological record of multiple families and people
- Ability to seach a geneology for a specific person based on criteria such as first and last name, birth and death date.
- Ability to search a web based database for geneological information
- Ability to export the geneological record in a standard format called GEDCOM
- Ability to import geneological information from a standard format called GEDCOM
- Ability to display geneological information in the graphical format of a family tree
Here is a link to the official descriptions and requirements of that project milestones, for those who care for more information. Official Milestones.
- First and foremost, this course is about group dynamics. In the lectures, you will be taught about Object Oriented analysis, design and programming but the only way to pass this course is to understand how to be, and function as, a member within a group.
- When organizing your groups, consider people who you already know and preferably have worked with in the past. If this is not possible, you should first meet them in person and get to know them before you consider them to be in your group. Once formed these groups are set and the work done by these groups is a major part of your final grade.
- Remember that you are a working part of the group and to, simply, do what you would want your group members to do. The work load in this course can be quite daunting for one person alone, in order to suceed one should work as a whole.
- Meet regularly, with an agenda, and a purpose. Leave with knowledge of what with you are obliged to return.
-Object Oriented Analysis
- The only difficult thing to remember about the OOA is that it is not difficult. Do not cloud the analysis by concerning yourself with the small details. Analysis is all about the big picture.
- Use tools such as ECODE to draw up clear pictures so that everyone is on the same page
-Object Oriented Design
- This is the step that most people jump to immediately when the begin a project, remember to go start with the analysis
- Again using tools such as ECODE will make this part alot easier to visualize what the pieces are and how they all fit together.
- Remember, this course is about group programming so the design should be able to be split apart and put back together.
-Object Oriented Programming
- Always keep the design and actual program insync. If one changes so does the other. They are not independet.
- Use the ECODE's critics to verify that your code and design conincide.
- Start early. Start early. Start early.
- Do not become agitated with Squeak no matter how many times it freezes or won't file out or won't file in. It is the only language you will be using this course, so tough it out.
Link to this Page
- Cases last edited on 30 July 2011 at 2:33 am by r59h132.res.gatech.edu