Hotspots: Admin Pages | Turn-in Site |
Current Links: Cases Final Project Summer 2007
Squeak Squeak: EcOdE
Uyen T. Le
This is evaluation of Ecode. We used this application for our project in order to get extra credit, but to our surprise it was more then helpful, it made CRC cards and Senarios alot easier to do. As you may know, ECode is a way to put all your analysis in one place. It's an application in Squeak that allows you to save CRC cards and Senarios, so you can reference then when needed.
This is Before Ecode
This is before we used Ecode. Imagine pages and pages of these in microsoft word files. It was very hard to manage. When filling in the CRC card we had to file through all the cards to find the class that is the collaborator. Also for each step of the senario we had to also shuffle through CRC cards to figure out whic one belongs to that step. We ended up having 17 classes and over 20 senarios. Doing analysis on paper is a very in-efficient and very time consuming.
This senario is incorrect.
This is After Ecode
This is what our final CRC card analysis and senarios looked like. All our cards and senarios were just put into ine file. They all are relative and connects to eachother.
What we thought was good about Ecode
What we thought was not so good about Ecode
- You can click on existing CRC to select a class as the collaborator and the class that connects to the step of the senario.
- The way it changes color when you switch between modes like Analysis, Design and Program.
- It's very useful that when you open the CRC card, all of it's responsibility is listed there from the senarios that has been entered.
- It's good that we are able to make a new CRC card insid ethe senario screen. Many times, there may not be a CRC already made for it.
- We could not remember how to start the program, we would always have to look it up. Since we knew it as ECode but the command to start it is EctropicDesign start. It is also not easy to remember this name. An easy name may just be Ecode start. Would be even better if it was in the tool bar on the right hand side of Squeak.
- To be honest, we are still not sure what should be displayed in the goals. This may be our fault not knowing it's functionality.
- I always feel as if I want to double click on CRC card name or Senario name to open it.
- I'm unsure of why there is two ways to open the CRC card, from the Goals window and the CRC card window.
- It would be good to allow us to add multiple collaborators. (if that is allowed in CRC card methodology).
Link to this Page
- Cases last edited on 30 July 2011 at 2:33 am by r59h132.res.gatech.edu