Hotspots: Admin Pages | Turn-in Site |
Current Links: Cases Final Project Summer 2007
The Road to Abilene
- Mike Strauch (gtg654b)
- Antonio Delgado (gtg020b)
- Byoung Kang (gte277z)
- Ryan Seekely (gtg262a)
this project was broken down into 5 milestones.
The topic for this semester is slide shows and photo editors. We built a slide show system that also allows for interactive editing of individual photos.
Suggestions for future students
- To handle keyboard input in a Morph you NEED to overwrite a method called "handlesKeyboard" and return true. This is not mentioned anywhere in the book or the internet (just like everything else in Squeak).
- SourceJammer is a good tool to use to share files among the group.
- Don't worry about making your project look good because there are no points awarded for good looking projects. Many groups wasted a lot of time to make their project look good, just to get the same grade as everyone else.
- Use "DataStream" instead of "FileStream" class when you need to write/read from a file. DataStream is so much easier to work with because you just read/write strings to/from a file. The file might not be readable but who cares when it works.
- Don't put off your work. No matter what people tell you, it might take you 2 minutes or 2 days to do event handling.
this is our final product
Links to this Page