Hotspots: Admin Pages | Turn-in Site |
Current Links: Cases Final Project Summer 2007
Hi! I am just finishing my third year here at Tech, and I will hopefully be graduating in Spring 2005 (due to co-oping).
My email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
My AIM screen name: MandysupergirlZ (im me anytime!)
- For a description of the term project, advice for a successful group experience, general good advice, and Frequent Squeak Problems, see my group's (Captain Kirk and the Crew) Cases Page link.
- Milestone 1: Show a Directory as a Slide Show This was an individual assignment where one had to display all .bmp, gif, and .jpg images from a given file directory in a "slide show" with a user-specified delay between each slide.
- cs2340-M1.st (Description of contents below)
- cs2340-M1.st Category that contains my Squeak code. Implements the show: and create: messages which display and create the Slide Show respectfully, displaying of all .bmp, gif, and .jpg images from a given file directory- one at a time, clearing the image before moving to the next one in the slide show, a user specified delay between slides.
- Always comment your code, including the class comment (the ?)
- Before your first individual Milestone is due, (not the night before), practice using Squeak. At first it seems VERY different from all other programming environments and languages. Do some examples in the book, write some same workspace code (the workspace will become your new best friend because it is a quick and easy way to code a message and see if its general functionality works without putting it into its proper class)
- Be very careful with the short-cut keys, if you are used to a windows programing environment, windows ctrl = atl in Squeak, if you mix them up, you can cause yourself some problems so BE CAREFUL.
Links to this Page