Hotspots: Admin Pages | Turn-in Site |
Current Links: Cases Final Project Summer 2007
Team Mousetrap (Spring 2003) Main Page
The purpose of this semester’s project was to create a managing their portfolio and be their finance manager in some ways. The functionality included:
Knowledge to the novice:
- Create accounts and portfolios to store the accounts.
- Be able to make withdrawal/deposit transactions in regular cash instruments like checking accounts.
- Be able to buy/sell stock, mutual funds and bonds.
- Be able to get information from the Web like stock prices and update the prices as needed.
- Save and restore the state of the system after the user signs off and shuts down the computer.
- Keep track of all the transactions a user has made and display when the user wants to see them.
- Handle queries the User sends in like searching for all accounts that have COKE stock in them.
The hardest thing for our group was to learn the SmallTalk language and the Squeak environment. But don’t give up…keep at it and have an open mind about it. At first it seemed like an impossible task but overtime squeak seemed to become cooler and cooler. The graphics that could be done with Squeak along with the ability to just pass blocks of code around were some of the definite plus points of the language. Once you get a hand of Morphic and the components they make life so much easier. Make sure you start your projects early and don’t procrastinate…..12 hours before a project pulling an all-nighter is really no fun…..trust me u don’t want to do it….
There are the 7 Projects…enjoy
Link to this Page
- Cases last edited on 30 July 2011 at 2:33 am by r59h132.res.gatech.edu