Hotspots: Admin Pages | Turn-in Site |
Current Links: Cases Final Project Summer 2007
Fall2002 Design Roundtable
On the day of the Design Roundtable, you'll get an opportunity to show off your novel and amazing design. You'll just have finished defining everything in M3. Want to show off? Want to get feedback or help on your design? Got issues that you'd like to hear alternatives on? The idea of the Design Roundtable is to help everyone improve on their designs.
Here's what I'd like you to do:
- Put together a ten minute Powerpoint presentation and link it on to this page (below). Your goal is present your design and highlight (a) what's great about it and (b) where you'd like feedback.
- If more than five get posted, I'll pick five that I think show a diverse set of perspectives and high quality presentations.
- On the day of the roundtable, you five groups present your design arguments and we all get to argue about, er, discuss them.
There is extra credit available here!
If your group presents a design and you share your Powerpoint on the Cases page, I guarantee everyone in the group 1 point extra credit – that's 1 point added to the bottom line (1% of the entire class grade). Your group is still eligible to do a more extensive writeup of all your assignments towards the total possible extra credit of 5 points.
Things you might talk about:
- Your user interfaces: How you'll handle all the various requirements, including multiple interfaces
- Your cool ideas for how to design the web surfing and info gathering
- How you've handled queries in an efficient manner
- How you plan to implement the merging algorithm
UPLOAD YOUR POWERPOINT HERE:
- Got Squeak??? Get the FAQs.
Link to this Page