Hotspots: Admin Pages | Turn-in Site |
Current Links: Cases Final Project Summer 2007
Sum2002 M5: Provide a Web Service
Now, you are going to provide a web-service for anyone who is using your editor than can translate the PostScript that you generated into GIF or JPEG.
Graders will start your server with DrawingService start. You will then start a Web server (PWS is recommended, but Comanche is also okay – if you use Comance, include it in your fileout).
The user will go to http://yourserver:8080/drawingservice. You must provide a text area where the user can paste in the generated PostScript output when a drawing is Saved. (You may, alternatively, support file uploads for an additional five points of extra credit on M5.) You should provide them with buttons for choosing a JPEG or GIF rendering of the image. You then provide that rendering.
In class, please turn-in:
- CRC Card analysis of UI system: Classes considered and rejected, and CRC cards for each class in the user interface. It's REQUIRED to hand in xeroxed or generated-tables that represent your CRC cards rather than the actual 3x5 cards.
- UML class diagram of UI classes and class descriptions. There should also be a written, text description of each class and what it's methods do. THINK HARD ABOUT THIS.
"Good" will be evaluated with respect to Criteria for Good OOA/D.
Before class time, turn-in your code using the Summer 2002 Turnin Information.
- 15% Good CRC card analysis: Reasonable names, understandable and clearly defined responsibilities, good exploration of other class names
- 25% Good UML class diagram and text description: Correct usage of notation (5%), understandable descriptions and names (5%), a generally good design (10%).
- 10% Well-documented and good style source code
- 55% Working system:
- 15% for a good usable Web page UI, including the UI on loading. Note: If the TAs can't figure out how to use your tools, they don't have to give you the points. The UI must be usable.
- 10% Webserver starts and can upload page (+5 points if support file upload)
- 15% Can generate JPEG
- 15% Can generate GIF
Questions on Sum2002 M5 Milestone
Link to this Page