Hotspots: Admin Pages | Turn-in Site |
Current Links: Cases Final Project Summer 2007
By the end of this class, you should be able to:
- Be able to analyze a real world situation and design a model in a language independent fashion with multiple interconnecting classes.
- Design a small-to-medium sized (i.e., up to 1K lines of code) object-oriented system using UML.
- Implement (individually and as part of a team) a small-to-medium sized object-oriented program in Squeak (a variant of Smalltalk).
- Build a user interface in Squeak, and be able to explain the assumptions, strengths, and weaknesses of the UI model being used (e.g., MVC, Morphic, Web).
- Explain the rationale for a designed user interface in terms of usability
- Be able to critique an object-oriented design or user interface design.
- For a given project, be able to choose between different object-oriented languages (Squeak, C++, and Java) and different paradigms of languages (e.g., functional, object-oriented, and imperative) and explain the rationale for the choice.