Hotspots: Admin Pages | Turn-in Site |
Current Links: Cases Final Project Summer 2007
This page contains a list of software packages that look especially promissing for the Milestones. Add any entries you think of!
SqueakMap is a package catalog system for Squeak 3.2.1 and later versions. SqueakMap has become the standard way to register and make packages/applications available for Squeak users. You might find the illustrated SqueakMap How-To useful.
If you are using Squeak 3.4 or later, the bootstrap for SqueakMap is already included. Just open "Package Loader" from the World menu/"open..." submenu and SqueakMap will be installed.
You might find the following specific packages useful:
- RefactoringBrowser. An add-on to the programming environment that is very popular with experienced Squeakers. This can be a godsend for cleaning up or making sense of code. A must for 2340 students.
- TestBrowser. An enhanced TestRunner for Squeak SUnit testing. This allows you to run all test in a category together. Even more useful, you can actually edit your tests from within TestBrowser where you could not with TestRunner. To install this, first install the TestRunner enhancements. Both are available through SqueakMap.
- BobsUI. BobsUI is a data-entry UI widget set for Morphic which contains a Rolodex example. (It does not include a "GUI builder"... you must specify the widget layout in the source code.) It does support tabbing between entry fields, and a few other niceties. Original version written by Bob Arning, later versions by Doug Way and Doug Rollwitz.
- ProgrammingMorphs. An interactive Squeak book that describes how to program new morphs.
- SmaCC. A very intuitive parser generator with online documentation and examples. Use this instead of T-Gen. If only yacc was so nice.
- YAXO. Yet another XML parser. This is pretty robust and easy to learn.
- SIXX. Too lazy to code save/load functionality with YAXO, try serializing out-to / in-from XML with SIXX.
Promising Looking (try at your own risk)
- WatchIt!. This could be a very useful debugging tool. It adds a 'watch it' choice to the context menus in text editors. This will take the selection, make a BlockContext out of it, and give you a Morph that will display the value of that block every half second.
T-Gen – (NEVER USE T-Gen) a parsing toolkit. Replaced by SmaCC.
Question 5(Design)-FILLER – ebuild files (unofficial) for Gentoo Linux. (Is it still unofficial?!?!)
HTTPView – a front end for creating dynamic web-pages using the Comache Web-Server
Link to this Page
- SUnit last edited on 4 June 2004 at 10:29 pm by gk7.leo-net.jp