HW3 Grading Criteria-Summer 2007
Back to Homework Grading Criteria-Summer 2007
(30 pts) Submission and Attempting
- (10 pts) Submitted files include TurtleDance.java and SongPhrase.java
- (10 pts) Submitted everything necessary to compile and run solution (perhaps Pictures) not in provided media sources and modified java-source classes
- (-10 pts) and email request for missing files
- (10 pts) A properly defined main method exists in the class.
(20 pts) Execution and Compilation
- (10 pts) Runtime exceptions
- (-10 pts) For any thrown exception (except file not found). Includes errors in modified java-source files
- (0 pts) For ConcurrentModificationExceptions
- (10 pts) the class as a whole compiles
(65 pts) Turtle Functionality
- (10 pts) Usage of FileChooser.getMediaPath (if used, not required)
- (-5pts) Included FileChooser.setMediaPath within submitted code. No points off if it is commented out
- (-10pts) Hardcoded picture paths included in code.
- NOTE: only take off a max of 10 points for this part
- (15 pts) At least 10 seconds long
- (12 pts) At least 6 Turtles
- (18 pts) Turtles move.
- (10 pts) Some interweaving of Turtle movements and music
(75 pts) Music Functionality
- (10 pts) Uses SongNode to create a linkedlist.
- (5 pts) Uses the weave function properly
- (5 pts) Uses the repeatNext or repeatNextInserting properly
- (10 pts) Uses the weave and either of the repeats a total of 4 times
- (-5) results are discarded or not shown
- (10 pts) At least one new riff is added to class SongPhrase
- (0 pts) Modifiing an existing riff ok provided this is indicated in comments
- (-5 pts) new riff is not used in solution
- (5 pts) Four or more riffs from SongPhrase are used.
- (10 pts) Music autoplays
- (5 pts) At least 10 nodes in final song
- (15 pts) Drawing of the resultant list structure is included and is accurate
- (-5 to -10 discretionary) penalties for incorrect drawing
(10 pts) Comments
- (5 pts) Name and Prism ID (gtx###x or jsmith#) included in the comments
- (5 pts) Comments explain code
(1 - 10 pts) Extra Credit
- (5 pts) Implemented preapproved dances. Student must explicitly state that he/she implemented a preapproved dance as well as explain the idea that was approved and who approved it in the beginning comments of his/her code.
- (1-10 pts) TA discretionary extra credit.
- Only a max of 10 points can be reward for extra credit.
Links to this Page